- This position reports to the Project Manager and is responsible for addressing all aspect of the HSE agenda by ensuring effective performance monitoring is in place, analyzed and reviewed periodically.
- The candidate shall have experience in the upstream gas processing facility.
- The role owns the relationship with regulators and ensuring that all activities are undertaking to meet regulatory requirements and keep the regulators enrolled and engaged with forwarding plans.
- The candidate shall have experience in firefighting techniques, PTW system, processing plant safety principles & procedures.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on the preparation of plans and procedures for commissioning, start-up and Operation & Maintenance activities.
- This role provides support for productive activities to identify and eliminate hazards and prevent an accident by proactively taking measures appropriately through training, effective communication, enforcement and compliance and other measures.
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management System with a minimum of 10 years experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services in the hydrocarbon processing plant, of which 5 years should be in a supervisory capacity on similar HSE responsibilities.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate risk assessment techniques and experience at organizing HAZOPS, HAZIDS, HAZAN and other reviews and well versed with International & Nigerian safety standards.
- He should be able to demonstrate administrative skills and proficiency in typical office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Other skills required for this position are fluency in the English language and writing, planning, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to work with flexibility.
- The maximum age limit is 45 years.