- Track and repair signal outages on Gpon including signal leakages on the network in coordination with Engineering, Maintenance, and NOC teams
- Ensure sites are attended to within SLA.
- Update dispatch with accurate information pertaining to sites and customer feedback
- Ensure quality is attained with reference to industry standards.
- Handle CPES and ensure they are well packaged with all accessories intact in cases of recovery
- Maintain integrity including management of customer premises, company Image, and phone etiquette.
- Share feedback on issues pertaining to the network and customer experience.
- Share relevant information with relevant teams including addresses, gaps, and network issues
- Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
- Produce and maintain all records related to the assigned tasks
- Ensure work tools are well maintained including laptops, Compression tools, motorbikes, etc
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- First degree in a relevant field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and construction of Fiber Optic Networks, including 2 years of experience at various levels of project management.
- A comparable amount of training, education, and experience may be substituted in lieu of some of the minimum qualification
- Good knowledge of GPON protocol (ITU-T G.98x standards) and/or a strong experience of GPON equipment configuration (OLT & ONT) is mandatory
- Considerable knowledge of design and construction practice on GPON fiber-optic networks
- Good knowledge of equipment and technologies like
- Ethernet access networks (VLAN bridging, cross-connect)
- Ethernet QoS (policing, shaping, IEEE 802.1p, 802.1q, 802.1ad)
- Measurement equipment's (protocol emulators, traffic generators, protocol analyzers)
- Ability to operate an OTDR to troubleshoot and test fiber optic cable.
- Ability to troubleshoot large GPON network with minimal supervision.
- Thorough and complete knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to the electric and communication industry, and the ability to apply them in day-to-day engineering situations
- Considerable knowledge of local and state permitting agencies codes and regulations
- Considerable knowledge of other office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to write technical specifications
- Extensive knowledge of the creation of fiber optic paths and calculation of loss budgets.
- Considerable ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to plan the work of technical personnel engaged in surveying.
Demands of the Job:
- Possibilities of working at odd hours should be expected