Our Client is looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification:OND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Plan, develop, and implement policies, procedures, and practices for the operation of crop production and ensure compliance.
- Confer with the management team to evaluate soil and weather conditions and to develop plans and procedures for crop development.
- Observe instrument and gauge readings, ascertain the condition of the crop and perform related duties to verify worker adherence to instructions
- Inspect fields and monitor growing plants and harvested crops to determine work requirements such as cultivating, spraying, thinning, weeding, irrigating, harvesting, and drying, according to the weather and condition of the soil, plants, and crops.
- Inspect work performed, observe instrument and gauge readings, ascertain the condition of the crop, and perform related duties to verify worker adherence to instructions.
- Oversee the post-harvest handling/storing of crops
- Maintain time and production records.
- Ensure effectiveness/efficiency of employee-assigned work
- Develop/Manage/Monitor farm equipment maintenance schedules.
- Train workers in work procedures, safety policies, and the use of machinery and tools.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the work crew.
- Drive and operate farm machinery and equipment.
- Examine machinery to ascertain maintenance, repair, and replacement requirements, and supervise workers engaged in machinery-maintenance activities.
- Minimum academic qualification of an OND
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience
- Ability to work in a remote area.
- Extensive responsible experience in general Crop farm work involving farm planning, methods, and production; and experience in supervisory crop farm work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of practical farm management as related to institutional needs and purposes.
- Thorough knowledge of soils, crops, and equipment care and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of farm equipment and materials and ability to manage the use of materials and equipment efficiently and economically.
- Considerable knowledge of plant diseases and insect pests and of modern methods of their prevention, eradication, and cure.
- Ability to keep records of time, production, and costs, and to make reports and recommendations for improvement in methods and equipment.
Remuneration: NGN 120,000 -150,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.