KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide quality analysis (typically provided via SQL, R, Python, Excel, and BI visualization tools) to inform management on the credit performance of the portfolio, products, and customers. This includes regular portfolio and product-level reporting as well as managing ad-hoc investigations and causal diagnoses.
- Design and implement initiatives and experiments geared towards improving and maintaining healthy credit performance across the company's customer base. This includes working extensively with other departments.
- Contribute to the development of credit and financial models to be used by the business, including but not limited to IRSR 9 provisioning and bad debt modeling, cash flow modeling, and predictive loss rate models
- Lead the development of reports to key stakeholders including senior management, board of directors, and investors, utilizing graphical analysis, Powerpoint presentations, and verbal and written communications.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics on the company's core products and pilots, including standard and non-standard forms of portfolio health and delinquency reporting, repayment rates, roll rates, etc.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/ LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- 6-10 years of work experience in an analytical field such as consumer credit, asset finance, pricing, data science, behavioral research, or strategy consulting, including experience managing teams, portfolios, and projects
- Credit, data, and financial analysis skills to effectively evaluate and report on key performance metrics
- Knowledge of lending business practices and consumer credit in emerging markets strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and senior stakeholders
- Understanding of business concepts including ROI analysis, discounted cash flow, causality, & statistical significance
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferably in a quantitative field, including economics, econometrics, data analytics, computer science, statistics, engineering, credit management, finance, or behavioral psychology
- Proficiency in structuring analytical projects and familiarity with tools including SQL, R!, Python, PowerBI, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as well as a clear understanding of statistics and quantitative methods and best practices
The role is a global role, with a preference for experience in Kenya (KE), Uganda (UG), and/or Nigeria (NG)
Location: Global / Flexible