- The Computer Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of computer hardware which comprises a functional physical computer network
- The duties encompass the testing deployment, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of active hardware equipment.
- Plan and design the hardware requirements of clients and for use in-house
- Analyse information to determine, recommend, and play layout, including the type of appropriate computers and peripherals
- Liaise with relevant organs of the company to evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational and performance requirements of the system
- Monitor equipment performance and make sure they perform according to specification
- Install and maintain the computer systems and associated peripherals
- Prepare the computer site including devices that ensure safe operation of the systems
- Install and operate the system operating system
- Install device drivers
- Get the image of servers and workstations and replicate same as desired
- Provide technical support to marketing and sales department
- Recommend equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in the area of system installation
- Provide training and support to users
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics/Electronics.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of computer and peripheral devices is an added advantage
- Proficiency in installing and maintaining Windows and Unix Computers
- Strong communication skills and ability to write reports