Duties and Responsibility
- Incorporate special features which relate to the project at hand into specifications. These include order of work, physical conditions at the site, construction work schedules, measurement construction, procedures and coordination with contractors
- Perform technical review on specifications to ensure clarity, completeness and exactness to remove restrictive descriptions so as to ensure competitive bidding
- Day-to-day management of site including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any external contractors and subcontractors
- Ensuring all aspects of the building/structures are built to all specifications
- Ensuring that all project activities on-site runs on schedule and budget.
- Controlling all aspects of the site including planning, organizing and executing of work site.
- Communicate with MD/CEO on issues concerning specifications, engineering interpretations and explanations and offer recommendations on reviewing specifications
- Analyzing and finding solutions to problems that may cause delays
- Ensure all materials used and work performed are based on specifications
- Ensure the work is completed and delivered without any defect and delay
- Maintaining strict quality procedures; regular testing of materials and visual inspection of the site.
Requirements & Skills
- 5+years of prior related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- B.Eng./B.Sc./HND minimum must be 2.1 or Upper Credit.
- Experience with desktop and industry-specific software (e.g., MSOffice, AutoCAD, ESRI GIS, and ICPR) desired
- Must have sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in varying environments (office and field settings).
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, supervisor or project manager regarding work assignments required
Salary: NGN 180,000 after tax