- Develop and manage a system for the purchase of agricultural produce from farmers.
- Keep track of offers, managing relationships with customers and farmers, as well as negotiating prices, payment, and delivery terms.
- Buy agricultural commodities from farmers using an online platform.
- Experience in risk management and hedging agricultural products for the feed industry and/or flour milling industry.
- Familiarity with online trading platforms would be a definite advantage, as would prior experience with farm-gate organization and cooperative extension services to farmers.
- Hands-on experience in the purchase and/or trading of agricultural produce.
- Analytical and organizational skills,
- Excellent communication skill,
- Proven experience in purchasing/trading of agricultural produce,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Strong negotiation skill,
- Business development minded,
- Skilled in relationship management, set up relationship with farmers, and produce aggregators,
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
· Bachelor's Degree (preferred)