The importance of networking cannot be overemphasized. However, how much value you stand to gain from networking depends on what you do afterward. Have you recently been to the Jobberman Top Professional Mixer and are unsure of what to do next? Here are seven things you can do to ensure that you maximize your attendance in a way that ensures it yields the best results.
- Follow Up with New Connections: You must have made a lot of professional connections during the event and had a fantastic networking experience. You need to follow up with potential partners, influencers, and others by connecting with them. Prepare your social media posts, phone pitch, and email template (approach the right people through the right medium). Within three days of the event, make sure to follow up with every contact you made. If you don’t, you risk losing touch with them and having to awkwardly reintroduce yourself next time you meet. Therefore, don’t wait more than three days to use your contacts.
- Show Your Appreciation: Take your time to appreciate them for connecting with you. Be sure to express your gratitude for their time with you and appreciate them for the value they brought. A little appreciation goes a long way and is quite beneficial. This is a gesture that speaks positively about you and sets you apart from others.
- Review your note: You may have taken important notes throughout the networking event, now is the time to go through them. Check them out, do your research, and analyze those points or facts you took note of. To construct your strategy and findings, organize all of those notes into one document and pick the important and useful information to act upon and use. Additionally, this will help you not struggle to recall any particular lesson you learned from the incident.
- Reflect on Your Experience: When you made the decision to attend the networking mixer, you must have had some goals in mind. It’s time to evaluate whether or not your goals have been attained. Were the speakers and people you hoped to meet there? Think carefully about what went well and what you can do better. Have you set realistic goals? Was your elevator pitch polished and well-prepared? How effective were your conversation starters and enders? Did you engage in small talk and pay attention to your body language? Overall, did you navigate the event like a pro? By doing this, you can ensure that you don’t miss out on opportunities again in the future.
- Execute at least one thing: Too many attendees of networking events leave feeling good but with little action. Make the decision to put at least one of the networking event’s insights into practice. Follow through on that one action to watch the networking event’s seed grow.
- Sharing is Caring: Share insights, lessons, and findings from the networking mixer with your friends and connections. They will help you to solidify these significant and vital findings in your mind, and they will also learn from your experiences. You can create various sections like market trends, latest technology, business updates, best practices, and others on the basis of your findings and learning from the event.
- Post pictures from the networking mixer: If you took pictures, put them up on social media. Tag them whenever possible. Pictures are best posted when the memory of the event is still fresh. If you already followed some of your new connections, then you can also tag them. Pictures are a great way to attract people to your profile as well.
Making the most of the networking mixer involves more than simply what you do before, during, and after the event. If you follow these seven tips, you’ll be able to retain what you learn and build some useful contacts for your network. All things considered, that is a solid return on your time and effort spent on attending the networking event.
Missed out on our latest networking mixer? Watch the replay to catch up (LINK)
Want to be a part of a community that allows you to learn and gain insights from industry experts? Signing up as a member of the Jobberman Top Professionals community is the ONLY way to fully access ALL the benefits of being a part of such a community. Sign up now if you have 5+ years of experience, so you can enjoy:
- Access to exclusive networking events
- Masterclasses with industry experts
- Exclusive access to a curated list of premium jobs
- Opportunities to lend your expertise in conversations that matter within your industry
- And lots more! 🔥