• Develop systems and processes to achieve budgeted results, internal financial criteria and KPIs to preserve the company’s invested capital funds.
• Set up internal operations, structure and systems to ensure that the company’s assets are maintained and protected through proactive O&M and planning.
• Manage systems operations and integration to ensure consistent 24/7 power supply to the company’s customers on a continuous basis.
• Develop and manage operating policies consistent with the macro-level policies and objectives and ensure their adequate execution. Appraise and evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically.
• Manage the development and implementation of the Automation and SCADA system to integrate the Power Plant Control Room, 33KV Transmission and Distribution System and the Injection Substation Control Room on a digital communication platform to interface and enhance control and monitoring of the integrated power generation, transmission and distribution systems.
• Guide the HSE Department with the setting up of the company’s HSE systems and direct internal operations to ensure strict adherence with the company’s HSE policies and all applicable national and international HSE legislation and regulations.
• Manage internal operations to ensure strict adherence with the terms and conditions of the company’s licenses and regulatory approvals.
• Maintain good standing relationships with the company’s regulators.
• Participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long- range plans and budgets based on the company’s strategic goals and objectives. Recommend adoption by the Management Team.
• Direct the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow; thereby assisting management with the control and direction of the company.
• Liaise with the Company Secretary and Manager HR to ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and the laws governing business operations.
• Ensure smooth administrative functioning of the Technical Department through deployment of appropriate resources.
• Operations and strategic management
• Experience and track record in the power industry
• Strong knowledge and exposure to best-in-class technology
• Adoptive leadership
• Negotiation skills
• Resource acquisition, allocation and utilization
• Strong stakeholder relationship management skills
• Strong regulatory agencies relationship management skills.
- Degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering.
- Masters degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering and/or business management preferred.
- Experience At least 5 years experience at management level. Experience working with an independent power generation and transmission company preferred.
- Reporting Reports to the Deputy General Manager.