WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Â Are you a seasoned Logistician interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people. If so, an exciting and fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving; and changing millions of lives around the globe.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFPâs working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty stationâs language, if different.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applying is the
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & worldâs largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website:Â UN World Food Programme (WFP)Â and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news:Â YouTube,Â LinkedIn,Â Instagram,Â Facebook,Â Twitter.
WHY JOIN US?WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize LaureateÂ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environmentÂ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunitiesÂ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)Â
These jobs are likely to be found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). In the field, job holders report to the Head of Field Office or Head of Logistics or the designate. In RBs and HQ, job holders report to a more senior Logistics Officer. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that logistics operations and project objectives are achieved in full. Job holders are heavily involved in dayâto-day activities and analytical work, and are likely to focus on one specific area of logistics (i.e. budget preparation and management, commodity and warehouse management, supply chain, fleet and workshop management, port operation management, logistics cluster and information management) or manage teams within logistics operations to ensure supply chain strategies are implemented.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
2. Support or manage logistics projects or operational activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
3. Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to senior staff to improve performance of local logistics operations.
4. Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimise use of available funds.
5. Contribute to consolidation and preparation of operational pipeline planning, and to the management of operational aspects of the supply chain (procurement, shipping, port operation), including checking document and customs clearance readiness, loading and discharging operations and contracting of applicable transport, warehouse and any relevant logistics services.
6. Contribute to supply chain by providing technical support and guidance to other CO unit/ services, divisions, particularly for emergency response.
7. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
8. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), supporting a WFP-wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
9. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (e.g. through the design and review of training materials).
0. Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
11. Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices, participate in preparation of CO Logistics Capacity Assessment (LCA), to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
12. Participate in the on-going review of internal processes and procedures and identify ways to increase the day-to-day efficiencies.
13. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
14. Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language).
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty stationâs language, if different.
MORE ABOUT YOU
You have broad knowledge and:
â¢ Experience in commercial or humanitarian transportation sectors.
â¢ Experience monitoring and reporting on transport and freight market conditions and trends.
â¢ Experience in dealing with shipments and clearing imports/exports with customs officials.
â¢ Experience coordinating procurement and transportation processes with other units/ teams.
â¢ Experience in warehouse and commodity management.
â¢ Experience working with corporate systems (databases, software).
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guideÂ HOWÂ we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork Applies Strategic Thinking Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships Lives the WFP values and showsÂ humanity Â andÂ integrityÂ by role modelling care for others Delivers onÂ commitments Â and adapts readily to change IsÂ inclusive Â andÂ collaborative , and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
DemonstratesÂ commitment Â to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships andÂ collaborates Â with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
Â The selected candidate will be required to be basedÂ in Maiduguri to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIONWe strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable) Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application Please make sure you upload yourÂ professional CV in the English language Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFPâs standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.