WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you a seasoned Logistician interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people. If so, an exciting and fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving; and changing millions of lives around the globe.
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & worldâs largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website:Â UN World Food Programme (WFP)Â and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news:Â YouTube,Â LinkedIn,Â Instagram,Â Facebook,Â Twitter.
WHY JOIN USWFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize LaureateÂ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environmentÂ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunitiesÂ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)Â
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs) and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language:Â General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty stationâs language, if different.
Experience: 6 years of experience in related field
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24th January 2024, 11:59pm WAT
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Logisitcs Associate will be responsible for the following duties;
1. Provide support to all LESS users and ensure technical issues are resolved timely or escalated to the HQ Logistics support team and real time transactions maintained
2. Ensure data integrity and transactions are carried out in real time. Request for justification for backlogs where necessary to identify challenges and preferred solution in consulation with the Commodity Accounting manager.
3. Ensure Physical Inventory is performed timely, recorded and cleared in all locations on or before 5th of every month.
4. Prepare stock position at the end of the month and share with Budget & Programming Unit for planning and decision making.
5. Monitor and coordinate GCMF Sales Orders/Internal Purhcase Orders with colleagues in stock handover location and ensure sales are executed in a timely manner.
6. Monitor commodity Best Before Date and Terminal Date of Disbursement, while following up with all locations to ensure commodities are dispatched/consumed before expiration.
7. In case of damaged/unfit commodites, follow up to ensure necessary steps are taken and commodity status is converted to Unfit for Human Consumption in the system.
8. Monitor Stock in transit and follow up to ensure receipts confirmation for commodity delivered to CP and within WFP and following up on any anomalies.
9. Provide input necessary for decision making to management through timely and accurate reports.
10. Build capacity of LESS users through regular refresher trainings and as the need arises.
11. Ensure best use of new enhancements in LESS (by way of guidance, materials, trainings, etc.) and provide prompt feedback on any issues faced.
12. Use the corporateÂ reporting tool (PRISMA) for planning and decision making while ensuring data in LESS is aligned with PRISMA at all times.
13. Perform other related duties as required by the Commodity Accounting Manager or Supply Chain Management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES cont.
Commodities are properly accounted for at all times and data reliability is maintained at the highest level. Required information is provided for the purpose of decision making all geared towards achieving WFPâs corporate objectives within Nigeria and globally.
Critical Success Factors
In addition to strong technical know how of corporate systems such as LESS/WINGS, staff member should possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a part of a team towards the actualization of set goals within the unit and organization at large, detailed analysis of data, upholding the core values and ethics of WFP and the ability to communicate accurate information in a clear and concise manner; while sometimes working under tight deadlines within a humanitarian context.
MORE ABOUT YOU
You are to have broad knowledge and;
â¢ Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
â¢ Experience in administering third party service providersâ contracts.
â¢ Experience in compiling contract documentation.
â¢ Experience in contract execution.
â¢ Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
Leads by Example with Integrity
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Applies Strategic Thinking
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Lives the WFP values and showsÂ humanity Â andÂ integrityÂ by role modelling care for others
Delivers onÂ commitments Â and adapts readily to change
IsÂ inclusive Â andÂ collaborative , and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
DemonstratesÂ commitment Â to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships andÂ collaborates Â with partners to deliver common objectives
TERMS AND CONDITIONSWe strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable) Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application Please make sure you upload yourÂ professional CV in the English language Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFPâs standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.