- Proven experience as a commercial lawyer or similar position.
- Proven background on commercial law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws, etc.).
- Excellent technical understanding of Nigerian law relating to corporate and commercial law, capital markets, corporate banking, corporate finance, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years post call to bar experience.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, patents).
- Negotiate and coordinate business transactions.
- Handling all matters and communications related to the CAC.
- Expanding the commercial/corporate clientele of the firm.
- Provide utmost confidentiality in all business-related matters.
- Manage different types of contracts, legal reports and supporting documentation.
- Negotiate deals on behalf of the firm.
- Design and review the firm’s policy and position on legal matters.
- Inspect all legal issues related to new products and services.
- Research, anticipate and guard the firm against legal risks and violations.
- Engaging and working closely with external legal counsel as and when required.
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents.
- Draft and administer all contracts.