The Lesson Teacher is responsible for coaching students in stipulated subjects after school hours, in accordance with a pre-provided curriculum.
• Reports to the Lead Instructor and Education Director
• Plans, prepares, and delivers lessons in tandem with a pre-provided lesson plan.
• Manages the students assigned to him/her such that each child is carried along and a holistic development of their cognitive, emotional, social, physical, and spiritual growth is ensured.
• Uses the school curriculum, Montessori Albums, and current research-based instructional tools as stipulated.
• Prepares an environment that meets the sensitive period of development of the students with whom he/she works and ensures the instructional resources correspond to their needs.
• Uses various assessment tools/strategies such as observations, children's work samples, continuums of development, portfolios, etc. to help make instructional decisions for individual students.
• Monitors the progress of individual students and uses school-approved screening and evaluation tools to develop teaching plans for individual children.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and attractive Montessori environment.
• Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
• Use relevant technology to support instruction.
• Maintains accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
• Updates all necessary records accurately and completely as required by the school policies and regulations.
• Makes sure to demonstrate rapport with and respect and kindness for, all students as well as ensure the same between students.
• Models and teaches conflict resolution and problem-solving strategies in the classroom.
• Communicates necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents as regards student needs and progress.
• Establishes and maintains a Montessori classroom culture, paying particular attention to the needs of students/parents who are new to Montessori.
• Participates in continuous self-assessment and refinement of practice as well as in collaborative professional development activities (both within the school community and via attendance at conferences, workshops, etc.).
• Participates in collegial activities and meetings designed to make the entire school a
productive Professional Learning Community.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Montessori and British curriculum teaching experience.
• Montessori Certification will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency with written and spoken English
• Proficiency in teaching a local language will be an advantage
• Proficiency and or experience with special needs children will be an advantage
• Basic ICT Skills
· Average Man-hours Per Week for Instructors: 4-8 Hours
· The selected candidate would be expected to resume in November, 2020