- Gain an understanding of the company’s standards and requirements and communicate the quality standards to the production teams in various units.
- Ensure products meet corporate standards as well as applicable government regulations.
- Confirm that taste, colour and smell of food products are within acceptable specifications.
- Ensure products are packaged safely, have expiration dates and instructions about storage and use.
- Determine, negotiate and agree on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Assess customer requirements and ensure that they are met.
- Review blueprints and specifications to compare to produced goods
- Specify quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
- Investigate and set standards for quality, health and safety
- Ensure that the manufacturing process comply with standards at both national and international
- Carry out and monitor testing and inspection of products and materials to ensure the finished product meets quality standards.
- Help preserve the Organisation’s reputation by ensuring that our products and services are capable to drive sustainable growth
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Set the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitor their compliance.
- Oversee product development procedures to identify any deviations from quality standards.
- Inspect the final output, comparing it to the requirements, and approve or reject the final products.
- Inspecting output samples using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards, measuring dimensions and examining the functionality
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Supervise the provision of premix – recipes used for production.
- Ensure legal obligations are followed and ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies and with health and safety guidelines.
- Investigate and set standards for quality, health and safety.
- Ensure production team are tested and vaccinated according to NAFDAC Acts of Food handlers.
Develop and Improve Products
- Oversee research projects to improve taste, preservation techniques and packaging solutions
- Oversee installation of defect tracking mechanisms
- Devise, improve, and review new specifications and procedures for products or processes, and train staff to use them.
- Develop procedures for testing of final product and makes decisions regarding the issuance of recall notices.
- Devise ways to improve the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality
- Organize training programs for production units to meet the company’s quality standard and improve product excellence
- Train staff on new and up to date specifications, procedures and processes introduced to improve and enhance the quality standard.
- Train team members to refine production quality
- Ensure employees learn the importance of accuracy when mixing ratios as well as understand the effect of parameters such as temperature on the quality of food.
- Train employees on the importance of hygiene, such as wearing hairnets, washing hands and equipment after every batch to ensure food products are not contaminated
- Updating job knowledge of team members by engaging in educational opportunities and regular training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Food technology or any other related course.
- A masters degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- 10- 12 years of related work experience, in strategic management and a track record of success in strategic consulting.
- Professional certification in any related course would be an added advantage
Strong Analytical skills
Ability to make considered decisions and communicate them effectively
Excellent technical skills
Good leadership skills
Planning and organization skills
Good interpersonal relationship skills
A keen eye for detail and a result-driven approach
Proficient in MS Office
In-depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
Excellent mathematical abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/ statistical methods