The scope of this position is primarily domestic, based out of Terminal Location.
Location: Takoradi, Ghana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the translation of the Sales & Marketing strategy into business targets, budgets, and tangible plans.
- Responsible for budget preparations and monitoring and in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives in developing the Terminal.
- Responsible for attracting and retaining customers and ensure the development of a highly professional relationship with the various decision-makers makers within the customer’s organization.
- Analysis’s marketing programs and adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Review’s analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product/service concepts in order to recommend future development.
- Oversee the preparation of tariff and cost analyses and comparative studies/reports.
- Manage the development of overall standards and guidelines for Sales & Marketing, including pricing, service, promotion, advertising, and PR and media.
- Drive and manage the customer value proposition to secure growth and profitable sales development.
- Drive, develop, and deploy best practices within Sales & Marketing.
- Identify, Develops, and Overseas Business opportunities locally and in the near region.
- Co-ordinate’s customer issues with relevant departments & maintains a one-point customer contact.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key accounts, local as well as international port users.
- Assist when necessary, in establishing or reviewing customs and other external procedures affecting port users. Resolves all commercial issues as they arise.
- Measure & Display & Circulate commercial results, including forecast periodically (monthly)
- The position would normally be responsible for setting & delivering objectives that are within the organizational strategy & business plans & will steer subordinated positions towards the achievement of these objectives.
- The incumbent will be expected to be creative in making improvements to existing systems, practices & approaches & will have a hand in influencing productivity issues & working methods to meet customer needs
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education: Requires a college/master’s degree in Commercial/Marketing, MBA, possibly Operations and logistics management, or related discipline.
- Experience: Requires at least 10 to 15 years of Commercial Sales experience within the Container and Multipurpose ports along with the logistics/transportation industry. Must have approximately 5 years of direct supervisory and managerial experience.
- Require experience in Container, General Cargo (Dry Bulk & Non-Dry Bulk), Car Carrier, Vessel Chartering and other Agri/Non-Agri Business bulk/non-bulk transportations.
- Manage to Identify Product, supply line & assist in developing same.
- Requires direct marketing/sales experience in transportation. Logistics, Port, or related industry.
- Requires management experience from preferably the terminal or shipping industry or alternatively related industry within transport or supply chain management.
- Detailed understanding of the various links between other functional areas.
- A broad and international experience and a proven track record within B2B Sales & Marketing.
- Ability to work with confidence both locally and globally.
- Must have extensive knowledge of terminal operations practices and principles.
- Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must have familiarity with all aspects of the systems support for the terminal, including software applications, equipment, and workflow.
- Must have extensive knowledge of safety, health, and environmental issues as they affect the workplace, including local regulations, national requirements, and governmental agency requirements. Must be familiar with maritime codes.
- Must have a working knowledge of labor law, company policies and procedures, and general work rules and standard operating procedures for the terminal.
- Must have a working knowledge of budget preparation and financial applications. This includes an understanding of basic accounting, statistics, problem-solving, goal setting, and business applications.
- Ability to negotiate and build relationships on all levels.
- Targeted, energetic, and able to motivate other people.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Trustworthy, ambitious, and able to work highly independently and in teams.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Requires excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract and analyze data.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to a fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Must be able to make effective presentations.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
Equipment and Applications:
- Must be able to use a desktop and laptop computer with ease.
- Must be able to use presentation materials effectively.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Office environment.
- Required to observe all safety and health requirements for the office environment.
- Must have a professional appearance, consistent with local customs.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.