A Financial Controller's duties may include the following activities:
1) Must have a minimum academic qualification of B. Sc or HND in Accounting, Economics, Banking and Finance or Business Administration
2) Must have professional certification in ICAN and ACAA and a proven experience in finance management, CFA certification is an added advantage.
3) Postgraduate degree will also be an added advantage.
4) Must have the ability to maintain financial records, prepare financial reports, examine statements to ensure accuracy and to ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
5) Must have the ability to compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
6 Must be proficient in the preparation and interpretation of financial statements such as balance sheet, income statements, statement of owner's equity, and statement of cash flows;
7) Must be able to monitor expenditure, forecast revenue and co-ordinate auditing process.
8) Must have great computer skills to be able to analyze data in accounting and spreadsheet programs (sage 300, etc).
9) Ensure compliance with financial regulations and publishing of financial statements.
10)Must be resident in Port Harcourt.