- May also perform driving duties by collecting and transporting, by vehicle, guests to and from the hotel, airport, bus terminal, etc.
- To work as a team member in order to provide excellent guest service with attention to detail.
- All traffic regulations, road and traffic laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, are obeyed when driving a Hotel vehicle and every precaution is taken to ensure the safety of passengers being transported.
- Check indicators, headlights, car tyre, breaks, petrol etc. and ensures that the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- Immediately reports any defects to the Duty Manager. Maintains the vehicle in a clean condition and may be required to wash such vehicle.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Hotel Standard and; Ensure Guest Satisfaction.
- Guests or staffs are transported in the designated allocated hotel vehicle to and from the hotel as directed by the front office.
- Treat guest with courtesy and attention at all times.
- Parcels, equipment, goods, etc. are collected or delivered for or behalf of the hotel as directed by the front office.
- To ensure that the guest’s privacy is protected at all times.
- To ensure that, as far as possible, the guests’ safety and security is maintained.
- The vehicle is for official use only and as directed by the supervisor. The drivers log sheet is accurately completed and signed after trips and all petrol dockets are retained.
- Accidents involving the hotel vehicle are reported to the HR manager and necessary authorities. In such event all necessary particulars of the other party involved in the accident are accurately recorded.
- All reasonable care and security is exercised to secure the hotel vehicle and or contents against theft, abuse, neglects, damage or disrespect of the asset.
- To assist guests with luggage and belongings during check-in and check- out.
- Maintain silence while driving.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that driver’s license is valid and available at all times.
- Ensure that the hotel vehicle license, and vehicle documents are up to date and copies are kept in the vehicle always.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Smooth running of operations that exhibit proper planning, time management, timely delivery and transparency;
Working knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Understand safety sign and signal;
- Good driving skills
- Behavioral Skills
- Interpersonal skills;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working experience within the hospitality sector will be an added advantage.