- Chicken Process Workers slaughter, gut and process poultry meat.
- Grade and package processed items for distribution and to meet order specifications.
- Perform physical labor related to the butchering and processing of meat/poultry.
- Divide and collect organs and glands from remains such as liver, hearts, and spleens
- Operate various tools and equipment, cleaning and sterilizing work areas and equipment
- Package meat and poultry selections including certain pieces and cuts, examining size and quality of poultry, meat cuts, items
- Process and package chicken, recording count, then freezing meats into blocks and containers
- Sever jugular veins of animals, drain and remove innards and residual materials from carcasses
- Shock and restrain poultry and meat sources once they reach required development for killing and processing
- Transfer carcasses to freezers for preservation and onto loading and delivery trucks
- Labelling and packaging of processed chicken into product categories
- Severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- Separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- Inspecting and grading poultry for size and quality
Work Benefits: Includes provision for safety, performance reward, training, hourly/weekly pay
- Previous meat/chicken processing work experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Meat, Poultry Process Worker works Mondays to Saturdays but may work long hours in order to process and package large quantities of meat, poultry for distribution.