Getting quality talent for your business means asking the right questions. Recruitment has been made easy with Skills assessments tools, ATS sorting and the likes. After all that is said and done, you still need to ask those crucial questions to ensure you are hiring your perfect match because it’s no longer about the technical skills alone but the soft skills and culture fit.
It’s even more crucial for SMEs to get it right, to avoid unnecessary cost and luggage that might way your growing business down. Small businesses need the right people, hands-on professionals that will take the business from where it is to where it ought to be.
Some of the essential things to keep in mind when you’re looking for the right candidate are-
- The candidates level of interest
- Whether the candidate is culturally fit.
- If the candidate is able to work under pressure.
- If he/she can communicate well
Here are the top 20 questions that will make sure your next interview is a success.
- Tell me about yourself, asides from what I can see on your resume.
- What do you know about our company?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- Have you recently acquired a new skill? Or are you looking to acquire new skills?
- Tell us what interests you the most about this industry?
- What is one thing you’ve created; an idea you brought to life?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What did you like the most about your last position?
- What didn’t you like about it?
- How do you measure success?
- Tell me about your leadership style
- What would you say are our company’s weaknesses?
- What steps do you want to take to make our company better?
- Would you rather work on tasks in teams or individually?
- What type of work environment do you enjoy the most working in?
- If hired, how do you plan to spend the first 90 days with our company?
- What challenges are you looking for in this position?
- What is your salary expectation?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Now that you have everything ready for what you ought to ask your candidates, you can simplify your interviewing process; these questions are guaranteed to help you make better hiring decisions. You also need to pay close attention to candidate responses, body language, tone and facial expressions. Click this link to download this resource
Don’t have enough time to recruit yourself? Or are you an SME in need of the perfect recruitment partner? Then you have a friend in Jobberman! We offer a range of recruitment services and are ready to help you find your next star employee in no time! Explore our range of services here > www.jobberman.com/hire-the-jobberman-way. There’s only one way to hire and that is the Jobberman way!