Strategy and Development:
Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice warehouse vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping processing.
Ensure the relevance and accuracy of all documentation relating to goods in and goods out including labeling of all stock items
Create policies and procedures for warehouse activities and ensure all systems meet the standards for accreditation in line with the quality systems
Continuously review ways to aid efficiency, add value and reduce costs as well as delivering continuous improvement initiatives
Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality, and customer service standards are met.
Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, productivity, and shipping.
Schedule and oversee the warehouse team to meet the demands of all outlets and manage the flow to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime.
Ensure an efficient warehouse operation that is able to fulfill operational and customer demand
Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety, and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Coach, manage and develop warehouse staff and team leaders to optimize performance and meet targets and deadlines
- Communicate with warehouse staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets, and operational requirements
- Ensure effective warehouse and distribution operations by implementing department policies and procedures
- Set department objectives/OKRs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
Financial Budget and Control
- Input and hold responsibility for Warehouse budgets
- Prepare the annual Warehousing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
- Responsible for achieving budget and forecast
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements and customer deliverables
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with department strategy
- Assist Senior Management in ensuring effective relationships with client businesses through maintaining an appropriate interface between the warehouse, suppliers, and customers
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, and logistics department as and when required in a timely way and handle any concerns
- Liaise with others in the business to monitor requirements and to ensure the quality of service
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Warehousing activities
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Previous management experience with the ability to manage and motivate others
- Previous experience of inventory control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and tactful interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of personalities.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or related field required.
- Five years of experience in a warehouse supervisory/ managerial capacity, required
- Experience negotiating and forming strategic partnerships; vendor relationships and regulatory bodies preferred.
- Proven people management skills particularly with team building and transformational leadership
- Good knowledge and experience in Project Management to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed-upon success criteria) to establish clear goals.
- Numerate, with good finance abilities and capable of managing budgets.
- Excellent negotiation and assertiveness
- Strong forecasting and planning skills; able to correctly assess the needs of the Business.
- A warehouse or distribution qualification would be advantageous ∙ Knowledge and understanding of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Digital savviness – driving the use of digital and Microsoft office tools
- Excellent presentation and reporting abilities.
- High interpersonal skills, a collaborative and flexible style.