REPORTS TO: Managing Director
DIVISION: Business Development
· Will serve as a single point of contact for our SME industrial cluster business initiative
· Responsible for Planning, Executing and Owning SME Industrial Cluster Initiative
· Engage with Financial institutions/Multilateral and Donor Agencies for initiative funding and financial modelling
· Responsible for creating product awareness, marketing and selling Free Trade Zone (FTZ) real estate to potential international and local SME off-takers.
· Responsible for close liaison at senior levels with government policy makers and agencies with interest in SME and the governments non- oil revenue diversification drive.
· Liaise and manage relationship with JV partners, vendors and other stake holders required to develop and ensure success of the business Initiative.
· Attend weekly cross-functional project meetings manage issues and risks and report to the board and key stakeholders weekly
· Develop a wide network of SME's both locally and internationally
· Liaise, guide and work closely with Advisory service providers and consultants on the project
· Effectively manage a small team of Sales &Marketing personnel
· Will be responsible for engaging with other FTZ, Commercial/Industrial Cluster developers around the world and reviewing fit for purpose business models and off taker selection criteria’s
· Senior level Business Development experience
· Experience of Incubating businesses preferably in the SME Space
· Strong understanding of the SME business space and policies will be an advantage
· Experience of promoting industrial and commercial real estate to potential off-takers
· Must be able to engage at senior level with Government reps and agencies that drive SME
· policies in Nigeria
· Any experience of successfully operating or setting up an FTZ will be a distinct advantage.
· Must be a strong business influencer with strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator.
· Will be a driven self-starter that will be able to hit the ground running with minimal support.
· Must be able and willing to do regular business travel across Nigeria, West Africa and internationally for seminars, meetings and strategic events.
· Must be comfortable speaking at public events.
· Strong Business acumen, negotiating skills and board level presenting skills
· Must be abreast with latest Industrial & Trade policies and roadmaps
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Project Management skill
· Result Orientation/ Drive for results
· Negotiation skills
· Client focus
· Collaborating and Partnering
· Effective Decision making
· Good communication skills (Verbal & Written)
· Numerical/Arithmetical Ability
· Strategic thinking
· Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in Business Development/Marketing with 6 years at managerial level.
· 1st Degree in Social Sciences, Business Management or Engineering Discipline
· MBA or Masters’ degree in Marketing, Finance or any related discipline is an added advantage
· 1, 000,000 gross per month