Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seeks the professional services of Early Years Teachers for immediate employment. The school provides a happy, safe and engaging learning environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja (Ideal candidates MUST be resident in Abuja)
The ideal candidate
is expected to work with children within the range of 5 – 15 years. His/her aim
would be to motivate children and use resources to help them learn, and develop
their IT Skills by helping students understand how to make use of computers as
well as the essential packages. Your duties will range from the preparation of
course work, planning of classes and you will spend a lot of time writing on
board and will also be responsible for the safety of pupils during your
- Teach students and learners to use computers.
- Design and develop appropriate computer instructional material.
- Manage and monitor students’ behavior during computer practical sessions.
- Organising and delivering classroom lectures to students and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare lesson plans in advance that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to the curriculum, also showing students how computer usage knowledge is useful in the real world.
- Set high academic standards for every student in the class while still adapting to the individual needs of each child.
- Evaluating students’ class work and assignments; recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom as well as creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Teach several different classes of students on the introduction to computer science and how to make use of essential packages on the system.
- Track and report performance data to determine where changes need to be made and which strategies and methods are working.
- Develop stable, solid relationships with students with appropriate boundaries so they know you are available to help them when they need it.
- Attend staff meetings to address situations or challenges with identified students so you can adapt your lesson plan to meet their needs.
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Writing Skills: You will write progress reports as observed on each students etc.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help you deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: you will have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, you may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and brief way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students' attention.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
- Relevant degree and knowledge/experience with teaching ICT
- At least 5-6 years of teaching experience in standard and structured schools.
- Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum
Salary & how to apply:
· N2, 400, 000 Per annum