Our client offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems; train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
· Understand the curriculum and develop schedules, lesson plans, and teaching methods that will help students cover the required content
· Stir up and help children develop curiosity and knowledge in the chemistry subject
· Design appropriate teaching plans and execute lessons that reflect the curriculum
· Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including demonstrations, discussions, and teaching
· Responsible for checking pupils' work, evaluating the progress and continue to monitor students’ progression in the subject
· Interface with parents on matters relating to their kids as often as required
· Design student assessment systems and methodologies
· Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
· Educate students on lab safety and ensuring all experiments are carried out responsibly
· Set up tests, assignments, experiments, and grading students justly
· Ensure appropriate resources and consultation times are available to students
· Handle various administration functions, which include updating student records and keeping track of lab supplies, tools, and equipment
· Ensure a safe, healthy classroom environment where learning can take place
· Attend staff and parent meetings, conferences and other continuing education programs.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Chemistry, or related field
· Any other relevant teaching/chemistry certification will be an advantage
· At least 5-7 years of teaching (Chemistry) experience in standard and structured schools
· Must be organized and analytical
· Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
· Flexibility and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school setting
· Strong interpersonal communication skills for interaction with students, staff and parents
· Ability to inspire and enthuse children
· Positive energy, resourcefulness, and patience
· Ability to work independently with children
· Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children
· Ability to inspire and motivate students.
· Strong multitasking skills.
Salary & How to Apply
· Very attractive salary
· Apply before 29th January, 2021. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.