The Travel Manager is responsible for providing strategic oversight to and managing all aspects of corporate travel programs. This includes ensuring compliance with travel policies coordinating travel arrangements, negotiating with vendors, and optimizing travel expenses.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Implement and manage travel management software or platforms to streamline processes;
- Create, implement, and enforce travel policies to guarantee adherence to business directives and applicable laws;
- Stay informed about advancements in travel technology and tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the travel management process;
- Arrange and oversee the scheduling of all employee travel-related activities, including as flights, accommodations, ground transportation, and other travel-related services;
- Ensure that travel plans are booked in a timely and economical manner, taking into account the needs and preferences of the passengers;
- Create and maintain a thorough program for managing travel risks that includes communication guidelines and emergency action procedures;
- Maintain accuracy and adherence to financial restrictions by keeping track of and managing travel expenses;
- Monitor vendor performance and negotiate favorable contracts to achieve cost savings;
- Build relationship and engage in negotiations with travel service providers, such as hotels, rental car companies, airlines, and travel management organizations.
- At least 4 years working experience
- Experience launching and scaling products infrastructure in Nigeria
- Entrepreneurial experience running a business or startups
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- The candidate is excited about genuinely understanding the problem space and who loves experimenting with the best solutions for users;
- Has entrepreneurship mindset;
- Organizational leadership and influence without relying on hierarchy;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: greet memos and presentations are extremely important;
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a cross functional team;
- Has excellent data analysis skills with large subsets for data to make data-informed decisions;
- Can lead by example and set new standards for communication, collaboration and product delivery practices;
- Solid Critical and analytical skills and; attention to detail required with a demonstrable ability to gather and analyze trends and identify root causes
- Good written/oral communication skills and the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations
- Leadership Skills.
- Time Management Skills
- Ability to use
- Ability to use GDS software such as Amadeus, Sabre, Galileo, Worldspan, Apollo, and Pegasus.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.