The Technical Advisor is reporting to the team leader and has the following responsibilities:
• Manage the skills development interventions of the SKYE project in Edo State with the support of other TAs to ensure access, quality and relevance of training as well continuous monitoring of activities at the state level.
• Independently manage tender processes and supervise subcontractors in the organization of skills development programs/interventions.
• Build up personal and institutional capacities in selected Skills Acquisition Centers and foster their willingness to develop and upgrade their performance on demand-driven skills training.
• Advisory services to partners and government in setting up a coherent system of skills development in Edo State.
• Build up partnerships, networks and dialogue platforms to promote employment in the various intervention regions.
• Support the implementation of the program objectives
• Support the project planning and the conceptual development including preparation and organization and facilitation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, communication and documentation.
• Organization of sustainable and demand-driven short-term training
• Identify and select with Edo State partners suitable Skills Acquisition Centers for demand-driven training.
• Facilitate and monitor on regular basis the quality and relevance of training provided in the SKYE skills development intervention.
• Analyses lessons learnt and compile best practices for project implementation.
• Develop ready-to-use strategies, innovative initiatives, and concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures.
• Draft reports, articles and other written documents in English.
• In collaboration with the TVET unit, facilitate assessment and verification of SKYE beneficiaries, the building of learner’s portfolios and tracking of achievement of competencies for all apprentices, keeping data of learner’s result.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
▪ Master’s Degree in Business Administration or any social sciences discipline.
▪ Minimum five (5) years experience in training/skills development program design and delivery – preferably within the international development/development cooperation sphere.
▪ Minimum of three (3) years of proven professional experience in the field of individual and institutional capacity development
▪ Experience of, and commitment to, continuous organizational improvement and the ability to act as a change agent;
▪ Strong coaching/mentoring skills;
▪ Commitment to high standards and continuous improvement;
▪ Proven experience in working within international teams;
▪ Excellent interpersonal communication skills (including a high level of empathy paired with the capacity to stay confident, serious, professional and respectful even in critical situations).
▪ Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
▪ Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
Desired additional qualifications, competencies and experience
▪ Strong written and oral communication skills
▪ International exposure
▪ Knowledge in issues of gender equality
▪ Knowledge of employment promotion, TVET or private sector development.
▪ Language Skills in local languages (e.g. Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Edo/Bini)