Conduct identification, assessment, and analysis of the hazardous activities within the organization.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Oversee the development of a site induction package outlining the major hazards and the safety requirements to avoid or control those hazards
- Advise management on deficiencies in the safety performance.
- Develop H&S training and development plan.
- Oversee the quality of induction safety programs being conducted for both the plant and contractor employees
- Conduct and coordinate internal and external systems audit to evaluate H&S's performance
- Ensure specific surveys and reporting are conducted in an approved format.
- Develop an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at the plant
- Provide specialist advice on matters relating to H&S
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S legal requirements
- Relevant degree from a recognized higher institution.
- Qualified as an H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization (Minimum NEBOSH level 3 or IGC).
- 4 - 6 years of job-related experience.
- Excellent knowledge/experience in hazard identification and risk assessment and control
- Excellent knowledge of fire safety management
- Understanding of current concepts in H&S and/or related integrated management systems
- Understanding of Nigeria's H&S laws
- Ability to use Microsoft Office package
- Knowledge of safety audit and inspection
- Incident investigation with root cause analysis
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics
- Experience in the Cement industry or other heavy industry
- Initiative & drive
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Communication skills
- English and national/regional language (verbal and written)
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development