The best teammates will have:
- Must have at least 3+ years of practice experience
- Succinct legal writing and proficiency using tools like Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the law and the business/ regulatory environment in Nigeria
- Skilled in legal research and business advisory
Why you probably should not apply (it’s not you, it’s us)
- We’re a small growing team with a rate that isn’t as competitive as “big” players.
- You don’t like an open and flexible culture — we trust ourselves to be adults and get the work done. Our default is not to chase anyone down. If you can’t get work done without being micro-managed, you will find working with us horribly.
- You think “flexible” means, being “I-can-work-as-little-as-possible.” Flexible means, doing your best work when you think it works best for you and you deliver great value to us and you can prioritize your life too. We don’t think sitting for hours in traffic to be at some office at 9 am is worth it.
- You hate learning new things. We’re constantly learning and trying new things; we understand this might not be your thing and that’s OK.
- You don’t enjoy writing clearly. We are remote-first and writing clearly helps reduce miscommunication; we understand if this isn’t your style.
- You’re a bigot. We seriously have zero tolerance for this. That is, we have no tolerance for chauvinism, homophobia, sectarianism, racism, zealots, antifeminism, nepotism, and others of its kind.
If it’s a fit, here’s what we offer:
- Consistent workload
- Flexible deadlines (prioritizing your life balance)
- Stable work as part of a high-performing team
- Company-sponsored self-directed learning
- You will be part of a team working towards transforming legal practice across Africa