We are looking for a Lineman to join our team and install or repair power lines that run above or below ground. Lineman responsibilities include inspecting power lines or repairing power lines as needed. Ultimately, you will work with a small team of electricians to install, repair, or replace power lines.
- Minimum Qualification: OND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Install electricity meters at residential homes and buildings
- Perform inspections to prevent power outages by replacing or repairing components
- Extensive experience with climbing gear, digger derricks, aerial lifts, backhoes, tensioners, pullers, and cranes
- Clear away tree branches or other hazards near live power installations
- Troubleshoot power outages and problems with electrical lines and wires
- Attend to call-outs and perform repairs in an efficient and timely manner
- Report progress, complications, concerns, and delays to the supervisor
- Able to Install transmission and distribution lines between power plants and individual buildings or homes
- Read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams
- Digging trenches or climbing poles to repair or maintain underground and overhead electrical cables
- Minimum academic qualification of OND in electrical engineering technology preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of proven work experience as a lineman or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of federal safety requirements and company regulations
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring diagrams
- Able to read technical drawings
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Superb troubleshooting abilities
- Proficient with manual and power tools
- Relevant training and/or certifications
- Excellent communication skills.
Remuneration: NGN 70,000 - 100,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.