Help desk – Security Officer
The role is for a security advisor who proactively receives and prioritizes information related to security from multiple sources (e.g., local communities, field officers, state, and national security forces) to develop strategies that help ensure the safety of the programme staff and field officers.
- Minimum Qualification:OND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Develop security threat monitoring, management, and escalation processes
- Establish processes for visitor verification
- Coordinate the intake of security-related information from multiple sources including local community leaders, field officers, state, and national security forces
- Synthesize security information and distribute timely communications about risks to project staff
- Track risks in a database and brief management weekly.
- A degree or equivalent of any discipline
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience
- Security training with basic knowledge of the law
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notes), video conference software (e.g, Teams, Zoom, Google Meet)
- Speak fluent English and Hausa and can work proficiently in both languages Resident of Katsina
- Available for onboarding by mid-December
- Available for project take-off in January 2023 after contract has been signed.
- Integrity - behaves with honesty and ethics
- Professionalism and legal compliance - able to follow the rule of law at all times
- Dependability - behaves in a reliable, responsible, and dependable when fulfilling obligations
- Stress tolerance - is calm and effective when dealing with high-stress situations
- Problem-solving - ability to use logic to diagnose complex problems and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Attention to detail - pays close attention to what other people are saying; careful about details and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Attained minimum rank as Assistant superintendent (ASP) in the police force, civil defense, military, NDLEA, prisons, immigration, customs
- Familiarity with electronic security surveillance systems.
- Full-time, 8 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays with occasional extended and weekend hours
- Remuneration would include group life insurance and basic individual health insurance
- 1-year contract
Note: We are committed to improving diversity in the workspace and work to ensure that our team supports our employees. We strongly encourage applications from women.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.