• Provide leadership to finance and accounting areas of the organization.
• Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
• Maintain a system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
• Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
• Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
• Assist in the management of grants reporting, compliance, and reconciliation. Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with international financial reporting standards.
• Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
• Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
• Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels, including Board of Directors and management.
• Assist in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax returns.
• Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report.
• Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational performance.
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Assist in production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management. Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for pricing decisions, and contract negotiations. Other duties as may be assigned
• Prepare and assist with developing audit schedules for the annual audit.
• Suggest improvements in processes to increase organizational effectiveness.
• Ensure prompt filling of VAT, Pension remittance, PAYE, FIRS and all other statutory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proactive, hands-on manager who will own responsibility for the Finance Department.
• Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
• Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization. Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. ACA is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of finance and accounting experience, including audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
• Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll.
• Proficiency with SAGE, Peachtree or other accounting software and excellent Excel skills.
The position is based in Sango Ota, Ogun State