- The postholder must demonstrate proficiency in writing business presentations, proposals, and articles for press release. Must be competent to work at own initiatives with little guidance from the executive committee of IESG. Good interpersonal relationship to deal with government appointees and civil servants, as well as deal with vendors, that is other service providers. The postholder is an image-maker of IESG, and as such must have a good personality that commiserates with what IESG stands for. Must be a good listener and communicator.
- He must have at least three years post education working experience in an office setting in administrative or data collection and management role.
- Manage the IESG office, documents, members’ records and communication.
- Has the full mandate of the Steering Committee to work on own initiatives to build IESG as a reputable business and economic promotion organization. Make good business case to the steering committee for publicity and promotion.
- Represents IESG at events and forums. Liaison with the state government from time to time as would be determine by the chairman and the Steering committee of IESG.
- Collection and organization of business data in collaboration with some agencies of the state government. Must be up to date on the business and economic development in Imo State.
- Ensure the IESG website is current, and up to date as a business promotion tool.
- Anchor the planning and the facilitation of IESG programs and events, including press release, and repertoire of events.
- Anchor the Steering committee meeting and taking minutes of meetings.
- Reports to the Director General if not available, to the Chairman and the Steering committee.