- Maintain and extend our service monitoring. We use tools such as Datadog to detect and react to issues. We’ll need you to be proactive and find issues before they happen.
- Keep things running. Systems do break from time to time. When they break, your job will be to make them work again. Once they work, walk the developers through the failure so they can prevent them from breaking again.
- Keep our systems secure. We have a dedicated security team, but you’ll also need to be ready to fight off intrusions. Defeat any attempts at breaking into our systems.
- Help us improve continuously. If you have suggestions for making things better, we would love to hear about them.
What you have:
- Expertise in cloud solutions and virtualization infrastructure, including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and KVM
- Familiarity with Linux and open-source applications such as Rsyslog, DHCP, iptables, Postfix, NGINX, and initialisation systems such as system and SysVinit
- Extensive experience in TCP/IP networking, firewalls, and VPNs
- Knowledge of hardware and software firewalls, intrusion detection methods, security systems, and DDoS protection
- Thorough knowledge of bash scripting
- Knowledge of Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar configuration management tools
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Site reliability engineering (SRE)
- Managing round-the-clock operations for incident resolution, including alerts, rotations, and escalations
- Designing and working with high-availability web service architecture
- Application containerization (preferably Docker)
- Database administration (preferably PostgreSQL)
What’s good to have:
- Extensive knowledge of information security and data protection
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Perl, Python, and other scripting languages
- Knowledge of industry-accepted IS standards
- Hardening Linux systems
- CI tools such as Travis-CI, CircleCI, and Jenkins
- Documentation of processes and incidents
- Version Control software (Git)
- Windows Server Administration (IIS, MS-SQL)
- Exciting work challenges
- Collaborative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances
(Subject to working onsite or remotely)
We are Deriv. We are all about trading. We are the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was more than 20 years ago, and we’re still going strong. Today, we work across continents and serve over a million traders from around the globe.
Join us. Grow with us.
Cyberjaya, Malaysia or Remotely
Cyberjaya is a well-planned township with no shortage of residences, restaurants, retail outlets, and recreational facilities. Blending urban development with nature, Cyberjaya is rich with lush greenery, lakes, and parks, making it ideal for work and play. The Maju Expressway (MEX) conveniently connects Cyberjaya to Kuala Lumpur city and the rest of the Klang Valley, while the Dedicated Transport Services (DTS) provides reliable transportation for those commuting to and from Cyberjaya. Thirty minutes away from KL city centre, our Cyberjaya office is where you can experience the ultimate work-life balance.