- Are you willing to assist in making sure products are ready for the markets and as at when due?
- Are you ready to understand the implications of the weather and make contingency plans?
- If you have the passion to work in an environment like ours at Grace Jacobs Farms Limited, then you should consider applying for this job.
- This position reports to Farm Manager who has over responsibility for all farm performance
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality and quantity of yield;
- Making sure products are ready for deadlines and markets;
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans;
- Monitoring animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets; conducting port-moterms on mortalities, analysis of trends of performance, etc
- Directs and coordinates worker activities and record-keeping;
- Inspects farm equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Salary is negotiable and is expected to be between 55,000 and 65,000 per month before other benefits and bonuses.
- This position is expected to be filled very quickly as this is a busy period for the Farm
- Minimum of HND/BSc in Animal Science and Animal Production with at least 5 years experience in -rearing of chicks of moderate size batches >5000 at a go - battery cage production of large flock > 20,000 birds
- formulation of feed and operation of feedmills
- Integration (safe and profitable) of other farm value chains such as fish, swine and ruminats