- To manage and ensure efficient operations of the Hospital’s OB/GYN Department.
- Perform and/or direct the Hospital’s OB/GYN Staff to perform a variety of patient examinations, medical interventions, and/or procedures including interviewing new patients to assess their symptoms, needs, or problems and the conduct of wellness exams.
- Record and utilize patients’ medical history for diagnosis; order and analyze necessary tests, screenings, biopsies, scans, etc. to effectively diagnose health problems.
- Communicate examination/requested test results
- Monitor and treat patients during pregnancy and childbirth, including prenatal advising up to delivery and postnatal care; occasionally in collaboration with a midwife.
- Work in close co-operation with and support other clinical & medical professionals and colleagues across the Organization to provide patients with high-quality surgical care and services of the highest standard.
- Take assigned GYN & OB calls per Hospital/Department guidelines
- Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College or the West African College of Surgeons
- Must possess a current practising license
- Experience in laparoscopic surgery will be an added advantage
- The candidate must be computer Literate.