The preferred candidate will be responsible but not limited to the following responsibilities :
- Convening Annual General Meetings and Board of Directors Meetings by issuing proper Notices of Meeting to eligible members In consultation with the Chairman of the Board and the Managing Director,
- Maintenance of the company's statutory registers;
- Effective Stakeholders Management.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirement
- Filing regulatory returns proper to regulars such as Corporate Affairs Commission and other statutory agencies.
- Providing relevant inputs in the development of corporate policies as may be necessary for the Company
- Providing guidance to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors on all matters relating to company law and corporate governance
- Provide accurate and timely advice on all legal and regulatory matters of the company
- Negotiating, preparing, and reviewing agreements
- Efficient case management
- Coordination of settlement meetings
- Negotiation of contracts.
Education and work experience requirements:
- Must have relevant degrees – LLB.BL LL.M,
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretary and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) will be of advantage.
- Minimum of 17 years post call to bar working experience in a reputable organization
Skills and Competencies required:
- Attention to detail and a well-organized approach to work
- Excellent analytical skills
- Result oriented
- Deep understanding of ethical rules and laws
- Knowledge of conflict management
- Deep understanding of legal issues, including governance and legal compliance
- Excellent communication skills- written and oral
- A flexible and practical approach to work
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
The remuneration is competitive in line with industry standards.
Interested candidates should please send their application and CV: The application should be addressed to the Board, stating CS/HL 0421 on the heading. The application closes on the 7th of May 2021.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.