Our client seeks to hire a Business Development Officer The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for sales performance, across all channels in their assigned key cities in Nigeria. They will assist the BDM in delivering the overall region’s sales objectives through effective channel management and deployment of distributor infrastructure/resources and driving excellent execution across channels with the ultimate decision to win the purchase decisions at different levels.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Assist in the co-ordination and implementation of the city investment strategy, maximizing long-term profitable growth, within the set parameters.
- Develop and entrench sales fundamentals principles in the 3rd party sales team by the company policies and strategies.
- Ensure streamlined implementation of the customer strategy at the point of sales to further build market shares.
- Work and support the 3rd party sales team, to identify and implement actions for closing possible results gaps in the concerned point of sales when they occur.
- Act as the internal and external ‘city customer champion’ ensuring customer and distributor relationships are established through partnership.
- Partner with distributors and develop a distributor sales team, with a clear focus on distribution, market promotion, sales, stock management, POS implementation, payments, data collection, and analysis.
- Provide information on developments within the market. E.g. Trade and Competitor activity
- Achieve the volume and value objectives of the assigned territory/Area network within budget, time, and policy parameters through efficient control of the distributor network and staff.
- Planning, implementing, and monitoring all sales and commercial activities within the assigned territory/area.
- New Business Development by constantly seeking new opportunities to increase and extend the scope of business operations and Route to Market in line with company's Brand, Category, and Customer strategies.
- Embed culture of structured daily performance review of AD Sales Team and participated during field visits.
- Set up and monitor monthly activity/ promotional calendars specific to channels, with feedback and analysis
Critical Action Planning and Implementation:
- Along with the distributor, track and deliver IMS targets by channel, category, customer, and city.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets by brands whilst at the same time supporting accurate sales forecasting.
- Implementing incentive programs for the sales team to achieve business objectives
- Ensure in-market excellence on POS and execution on time (speed to market is the key)
- Supporting the Business Development Manager to develop and implement joint business plans with relevant customers within the territory.
- Review and ensure agreed pricing policies are maintained across all outlets.
- Team building and fostering team spirit across the sales team; be its distributor.
- Initial and drive daily sales review meetings as well as monthly reviews with the sales team focusing on KPIs and activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing-related discipline
- 5 years experience in sales and a wide range of FMCG functions with a recognized business.
- FMCG specialist in areas of brand management, trade marketing, and category management, mixed with a high level of commercial business sense.
- Strong Operational Knowledge and experience working with a distributor and key accounts
- Excellence in Negotiation, Analytical, and administration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain and build strong social relationships.
- Fluency in the English Language
- High proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong social & interpersonal skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.