- Proven experience as a nurse
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Patient with excellent problem-solving skills
- BSc or other diploma from a nursing program
- Execute auxiliary nursing functions to ensure comfort to patients during healthcare deliveries.
- Observe, take and record vital signs, blood pressure and temperatures.
- Assist qualified nurses in delivering healthcare to patients.
- Assist incapacitated patients in dressing, washing, and bathing.
- Feed patients at breakfast, lunch and supper and dinner times.
- Administer medicines to patients at the advice of doctors or qualified nurses.
- Clean and sanitize patient surroundings.
- Take patients for a walk at the advice of doctors and nurses.
- Make beds and change bed sheets for patients.
- Assist and support healthcare scientists in analyzing samples.