The Prime Opticals accountant will be responsible for overseeing the financial accounts of the business, preparing financial documents, collecting data for monthly accounts and preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly statements. At the end of each month, you will be responsible for making sure that the books balance and the clinic’s outstanding debts are paid. You will be responsible for overseeing accounts receivable, accounts payable and working with management to develop a budget and perform an analysis of the clinic’s financial situation
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Migrate financial records from paper based records to computer based databases
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Ensure the accounting methods applied provide checks and balances for transparency in operations.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Deliver month-end P&L reports and analyze variances to monthly, quarterly and annual projections
- Reconcile clinic payments including suppliers and partners to ensure costs are correctly accounted for each month
- Ensure salaries, taxes and contribution to pensions are managed and paid every month.
- Working closely with external auditors to ensure accounts are in good order and are audited every quarter.
- Ensure inventory stocks are regularly updated and maintained for accuracy and clinic management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Completed (or in progress) ACCA or ICAN qualifications
- IT and Communications: Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; excellent communication skills
- 3 – 4 years of accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- A track record as a good team player, willing to be flexible and committed to the success of the team as a whole
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and stakeholder-management skills.
- Experience in accounting or finance, through having worked in, consulted for, or researched and reported on them.
Remuneration: NGN 150,000 - 250,000 net
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.