SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership for the workshop by establishing vision, strategy and direction to meet Management objectives.
- Experienced in engine overhauling
- Shall administer the workshop on a daily basis.
- Shall ensure zero breakdown policy of the company is strictly adhered to.
- Plan strategies and coordinate resources for proper coverage of continuous improvement activities of the workshop
- Maintain an efficient, economical and continuous improved workshop operation by establishing the preventative maintenance
- Shall organize and supervise the servicing, maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet and shall ensure that the vehicles come to the workshop at the designated kilometres for servicing.
- Develop operating and capital budgets, manage expenses, identify opportunities to reduce costs and track performance against these budgets.
- Supervise and coordinate vendors, as required;
- Monitor inventory of spare parts; approve requisitions for new spare parts from Store, as required to ensure that such parts requested are used for the purpose for which they are requested.
- Deploy a spare parts management system to ensure best practice cost philosophy
- Ensure the mobile maintenance team is always available when called upon.
- HND/BSc in Automobile/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years relevant and practical experience in managing Technicians/Mechanics
- Experience in the repairs of Tata, Actros, Man Diesel and Mercedes Trucks
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Pro-active and organized
- Leadership, coordinating, scheduling and problem-solving skills