Our client, an automobile sales and service center is looking to hire an experienced Workshop Manager. Candidates living along Ajah-Lagos axis are preffered.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Workshop Operations Management:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the automobile workshop, ensuring smooth workflow and efficient utilization of resources.
- Plan and schedule repair and maintenance tasks to meet customer demands and optimize workshop productivity.
- Monitor and manage work orders, ensuring timely completion and adherence to quality standards.
- Allocate resources, including technicians, equipment, and parts, to maximize efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle repairs, services, and parts inventory.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead, mentored, and motivate a team of automotive technicians, promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide feedback, and identify training needs to enhance the skills and knowledge of the team.
- Foster a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Promote teamwork, effective communication, and collaboration
among workshop staff.
Customer Service and Satisfaction:
- Ensure exceptional customer service by addressing customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide accurate and detailed explanations of repairs, services, and costs to customers.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships, striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Monitor customer feedback and implement improvements to enhance customer satisfaction levels.
Quality Control and Standards:
- Maintain high-quality standards in automotive repair and maintenance services, ensuring compliance with manufacturer specifications and industry best practices.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Stay updated with the latest automotive technology, trends, and service procedures to enhance workshop capabilities.
Inventory and Parts Management:
- Monitor and manage parts inventory, ensuring adequate stock levels and minimizing wastage.
- Establish relationships with suppliers, negotiate pricing and terms, and maintain effective procurement processes.
- Implement inventory control measures, including tracking and
reporting on parts usage, ordering, and replenishment.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Automotive-related certifications or a degree in Automotive Technology preferred).
- Proven experience in automotive service and repair, with at least 5 years in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Strong technical knowledge of automotive systems, repairs, and diagnostics.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, and delegate tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Sound understanding of health and safety regulations in the automotive industry.
- Proficiency in using automotive diagnostic equipment and computerized systems.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.