- Responsible for the day to day health and safety of technicians and the safe and efficient running of the mechanical workshop.
- Planning and monitoring work within the workshop.
- Responsible for budgets for purchasing of materials and fixing of machine tools.
- Managing stock levels of materials and tools.
- Participation in project reviews and giving advice to project managers and team leaders.
- Responsible for keeping attendance and sickness records.
- Responsible for the quality of work carried out and performs incoming and outgoing inspections on all parts and jobs.
- Develop a and manage a strategic business plan for expanding and maintaining client base for increased revenue through equipment maintenance and rentals
- Ensuring effective client relations and satisfaction.
- Create and manage database for job orders and job completions.
- Create and implement process flows for the workshop.
- Supervise a process of preventive maintenance of equipment to minimize major breakdowns
Required Competencies, knowledge and Skills
- An understanding of and experience with machines and fitting techniques
- Excellent analytical, organising and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrate independent work initiatives, sound judgement, diplomacy etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work sometimes in difficult terrains
- Presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to perform some financial calculations and manage budget.
- May be required to travel to locations where company machines and tools are situated
- Excellent computer skills with full word excel and project management software will be an added advantage.
Education and Experience
- 5 years experience in managing mechanical workshop.
- Qualifications in Mechanical engineering