- Carrying out water quality surveillance;
- Carrying out water quality analysis to ensure continuous supply of water that meet WHO Drinking Water Quality Guidelines
- Prepare waste water quality monitoring schedules,
- Conduct on-site waste water sampling and quality testing
- Carry out detailed laboratory analysis for physical, chemical and micro-bacteriological quality parameters, preparing reports on the status of the water quality and providing recommendations to the water treatment plant operators.
- Ensure proper update of the database on the wastewater quality surveillance.
- Carrying out wastewater quality surveillance to ensure quality confirm to environmental standard and acceptable levels for reuse in watering plants, flushing toilets, fire-fighting, washing vehicles, construction and dust control
- Conduct advanced wastewater quality analysis including but not limited to Cholera Vibrios and other enteric pathogens
- Carrying out operation and first level maintenance of laboratory equipment for ensuring their proper operation.
- Carry out process control waste water treatment
- Provide monitoring and quality control for disposal of hazardous materials and liquid waste in an acceptable environment standard.
- Prepare annually laboratory equipment and chemical requirement for acquisition planning and replenishment
- Travelled to front locations and conducted on site water and waste water quality analysis as a routine support to TCC (troop)
- Prepare wastewater quality analysis report on weekly, monthly basis and whenever required.
- Report to Unit Chief immediately in regard to water quality related issues
- Visit sector hubs on a regular basis for arranging/transportation of wastewater samples, for laboratory tests and submit the certified water tests reports regularly
- B.Sc Engineering, chemistry or equivalent field with relevant work experience
- At least seven (7) years of working experience in Vibrio’s as well as other enteric pathogens, physical, chemical and microbiological quality analysis.
- Experience with standard techniques and practices for operation and maintenance of various types of water and wastewater laboratory instruments and preparation of reagents.
- Proven Ability to work with computer software such as Words, Excel, Internet, Emails etc
- Possession of a valid Driving License is preferable
Bonny Island (Not Limited to)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CVs, Cover Letter and Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.