- Ensure that the stock items are stored under the appropriate storage condition
- Assist in maintaining the stores and ensuring safe custody of the stock items.
- Assist in ensuring good housekeeping at the central level stores.
- Ensuring that the warehouse is always clean by sweeping and mopping daily, dusting and cobwebbing once a week with exception of dusty regions where this is expected to be carried out daily. Fumigation is done every three to six months as the need may be.
- Supervise the cleaners to tidy the entire warehouse within 40-45mins from the time of resumption and oversee their activities by inspecting the checklist to ensure the various cleaning aspects are completed.
- Ensure the availability of cleaning materials except in cases whereby an external body is contracted for the cleaning and are expected to buy the cleaning materials.
- Creates waybills, packing lists, and supply requests.
- Follow the procedures for collection, retrieval, and accessing documents
- Transmits vouchers and documents to the client and to the Warehousing Manager
- Records, prints, and transmits information regarding delivered commodities to concerned bodies
- Monitors the system by closely following up its performance as well as outputs and notifies the supervisor of any system failure.
- Assist in the monthly stock count in the warehouse.
- Receiving and confirmation of cold chain items from Premier warehouse.
- Supervising the general arrangement in the warehouse and maintenance of equipment
- Compiling data related to issued commodities and sharing for report generation
- Supervising, picking, and packaging of commodities to various facilities and report
- Supervise POD submission to Distribution unit
- For order refilling, support GHLI-L managed regional warehouses in restocking of commodities.
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements.
- Ensure premises, assets, and communication channels are used effectively
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor
TECHNICAL AND SPECIALIST
- Must be current on inventory control methods and procedures.
- Must also, be able to organize and control inventoried items, physically and by computer,
- Must have a working knowledge of the proper operation of warehouse equipment.
- Must have additional training in purchasing and supervisory/managerial techniques
- Reports directly to the Manager Warehousing & Distribution
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team
- A degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- 3-5 years of experience in the management of Laboratory stores
- Must have experience working with government health facilities