As an Engineering Manager, you will lead teams (squads) of Software Engineers comprising of: Front End Devs, Back End Devs, Mobile Devs, QA Engineers, and Product Support in an innovative environment building solutions for retail or business clients.
The key to success in this position is having a strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication, flexibility, and a self motivated working style with attention to detail.
As Engineering Manager for Engineering Teams, you will:
• Lead the team to drive projects/Initiatives from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
• Architect and develop the best technical design and approach for the project need.
• Drive great partnership with the product management and UX/UI Design teams. • Set team strategy and be accountable for team plans and deliverables. • Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
• Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts • Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
• Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring as well mentoring and coaching.
• 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience in building/implementing products in the FinTech, Mobile App, Learning Management, Sales.
• 2+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional project.
• Experience working in collaboration with Product Managers using Agile methodologies to provide sprint deliverables in a timely manner.
• Strong Fundamentals and knowledge of Java/Go, NodeJS or another interpreted language.
• Strong hands-on skills. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed.
• Strong experience in managing customer facing applications through reliability and resiliency fundamentals.
• Experience operating medium to large scale initiatives.
• Experience with test-driven development and software test automation.
• Strong sense of ownership
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences