Our client needs to add an additional 500 it’s English-speaking annotator pool; a process we plan to conclude by year end. To co-lead this scaling initiative and then own the operations component. Our client is seeking a highly-motivated professional to (1) develop, review, and implement new processes, designed to support sustainable growth; and (2) oversee all elements of live (client) workflow execution.
● Lead the Company’s scaling initiative by (1) designing + building systems, (2) testing them, (3) iterating, and (4) rolling them out across the organization;
● Specifically, review and redesign existing recruiting + training processes, to ensure suitability for step-function jumps of ~100 employees per new project. Annotators expected to be client-ready within 4 weeks of being recruited;
● Review and redesign existing team construction, team composition, and quality control processes, in preparation for workforce that will double every 6 months that will be executing across diverse work streams in tandem;
● “Product manage” - redesign, test and implement - our existing remote-work performance management system (an internal data, analytics and reporting tool), to foster a more transparent, meritocratic and performance-driven culture where top performers are quickly identified.
● Our Academy: Support Chief People Officer in the development of a world-class learning, development and skills program, as relevant to the effectiveness of your organizational goals.
MANAGE, COACH AND MENTOR A STRONG TEAM
● Recruit, coach and develop a high-functioning team to support you in achieving your organizational goals.
● Instill a pervasive culture of coaching, collaboration, inclusiveness + real-time feedback within your direct reports and broadly across our organization.
● MBA or other graduate degree from a top-tier global program;
● Background in Management Consulting, Investment Banking or Product Management preferred;
● 7 - 10 years of cumulative, professional experience;
● Strong leadership experience -- i.e. experience directly building and managing a team/teams;
● Able to solve complex problems, manage ambiguity and cope with rapid change
● Detail oriented
● Experience designing, documenting and analyzing workplace processes;
● Experience executing, testing and rolling out new systems/processes across organizations
● Excellent conceptual, written and verbal communications skills and the ability to establish relationships across channels and functions to drive success
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress and dynamic environment
● Flexible, adaptable, enthusiastic, self-managing and self-motivated
● STEM undergraduate degree preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
● A globally competitive compensation, healthcare, and benefits package.
● The business model is straightforward and provides clear value for all stakeholders - our Silicon Valley technologists, our African annotators, and you - our executive management team.
● We are well-funded, profitable, and insulated from local economic/currency fluctuations.
● Our founding team is talented, experienced, committed to the continent, and looking for you to add value in our growth journey
● An opportunity to build something that impacts the lives of thousands of young people in Africa.