What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work closely to assist colleagues across Business Development, Finance, CommOps, Operations, Engineering, Data Science, Design, Research, and Marketing to bring your ideas to life.
What You'll Need:
• 5+ years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them.
• An orientation towards building businesses, not features. Experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics.
• Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problem
• Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
• Design sensibility. A deep understanding of and appreciation for good design and user experiences.
• Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
• A "Partner" mindset. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery. You put our partners first.
• You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
• A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on.
• A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature.
• A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent. Technical understanding that spans all levels of abstraction and the systems you'll be building.