Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates video cameras, on location or in the studio, in the production of professional pre-recorded programming.
- Designs, transports, sets up, and operates production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions.
- Computer edits video segments on a variety of tape and digital formats.
- Completes trouble and preventive maintenance reports on video and audio production equipment; assists in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties.
- Maintains equipment inventory and field and studio production schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs to audio and video equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to configure, operate and maintain studio and/or field audio, lighting and associated production equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized tape editing applications and procedures.
- Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.