Crystal Clear is a global media company with a music production record label (Crystal Clear Records) and a subdivision in digital media. We are an experimental and innovative brand for the New Age committed to bringing fans closer than ever to the music they love in new ways and new sounds!
We are looking for an experienced creative video editor to join our imaginative team of storytellers. As a Crystal Clear Video Editor, you will be responsible for editing and producing videos for digital purposes, including YouTube and Social Media Networks. As video is one of the most important deciding factors of a company’s identity, your position plays a big role in our company’s success! As a lead Video Editor, you will be responsible for assembling recorded film and video footage, applying artistic editing techniques, and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the Production Director.
Ultimately, a top-notch Video Editor can perfectly translate a Director's idea into a beautifully crafted film or video piece.
Office Location: Lekki
What You Should Know:
➢ Most edited videos will be for use on YouTube channel and Social Media Platforms (Video editing skills should be top-notch to attract and keep viewers watching!)
➢ We are offering a full time (on call) position.
➢ This position is under the full Crystal Clear brand, a culmination of the two companies. Footage is produced for either required brand.
➢ You will work closely with Video Producer
- Operate computer editing softwares and equipments for high-quality
- Ensure correct video formatting
- Follow and/or CLEAR and ENGAGING storyline through smart editing techniques
- Create an initial proposed storyboard draft of the video to present to Story Producers and receive approval before beginning to digitally alter video
- Work with storytellers to establish video creative direction
- Reviewing raw material to determine shot list.
- Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project
- Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects
- Ensuring the project follows a logical, engaging sequence
- Consulting with the Director and production team throughout the project.
- Creating the final cut for broadcasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field preferred
- Previous work experience as a Video Editor
- Hands-on experience with editing softwares, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule
- Ability to work well in groups and individually
- Ability to meet or beat deadlines to ensure content timeliness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take directions
- Ability to use and navigate Mac Computer
If this sounds like you, please send us a cover letter.
In your letter, please include at least 3 links to your past work
and describe your role and inputs in the production of the piece
About working at Crystal Clear.
This is a permanent full time (on-call) position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours, a passionate, inspiring, fun and creative work environment and team members, and as you work with a growing company, you grow too!
You'll be joining a group of hard-working, artistic people who are deeply passionate about what we do and our impact in the music industry.