- A University degree or appropriate professional qualification.
- Teaching qualification.
- A current Teachers’ Registration Certificate.
Personal Professional Qualities:
The appointee will possess:
- An open, warm and caring manner with empathy in dealing with a wide range of students and adults.
- Loyalty and a willingness to provide collegial support to the Principal.
- A commitment to a broad-based curriculum focussing on academic, social, sporting, artistic, cultural, musical, personal and spiritual development of students.
- The ability to work as part of a management team.
- A knowledge of learning and teaching processes.
- A professional presence with an innovative, dynamic and adaptable leadership style.
- Excellent management techniques and educational administration skills.
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding inter-personal relations skills.
- Absolute integrity, honesty and commitment to excellence.
- An ability to respond appropriately in time of crisis.
- An outgoing and cheerful manner complemented by a balanced sense of humour.
Applicants will be advantaged if they have:
- Excellent achievement in classroom teaching within a subject discipline at secondary level.
- Appropriate experience and academic background and the ability to relate well to young people and adults.
- Recent experience in a senior educational position within a secondary school.
- The ability to enthuse others and initiate change through consensus.
- The ability to motivate colleagues to provide a stimulating, positive and rewarding school environment.
- Experience in effective liaison with parents, past students and other groups connected with school.
- A demonstrated ability to speak to the diverse groups associated with the school community.
- A vision of education that takes account of diverse student needs and social justice.
- An ability to work with international students.
- Effective and efficient organisational and management skills.
- Computer competence, especially related to school administration systems.