The Vice Principal of Academics is responsible for supervising and overseeing all academic affairs. He/ She will serve in a Leadership capacity, reporting to the principal, and is responsible for coordinating all the academic schedule of duties of the teachers as it relates to academic matters of the School.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:6 years
- The Vice Principal Academics is expected to provide strategic leadership regarding the proficient delivery of a Nigerian Curriculum and British Pearson iLower secondary and IGCSE curriculum.
- He/she would be responsible for the management and coordination of all academic policies and procedures for staff and learners.
- The VP Academics will lead ALL the operational aspects of the academic department, e.g. Coordinating the preparation of examinations for all programmes involving assessment; to ensure current examination regulations and deadlines are adhered to.
- Must be extremely hands-on with all staff: teachers, and heads of departments regarding academic and administration for imparting quality teaching delivery to students.
- Responsible for Curriculum development: design, delivery, and evaluation.
- Formulate strategies and policies related to academic performance and ensure its implementation and target achievements are met.
- Ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the school are effectively and efficiently coordinated together with the principal.
- Create and implement staff academic training sessions in conjunction with the Principal.
- Ensuring the achievement of a high academic pass rate through the monitoring of assessments, attendance, retention of students and academic certifications are key deliverables of the Academy.
- Supervision of Teaching and Learning Programmes at the school.
- Oversee the implementation of the E-Learning Strategy on ICT development and learning.
- Supervise and coordinate all the academic affairs of the school and ensure a high level of excellence as regards the school's academic activities on a daily basis.
- Ensure the compliance of learners and academic staff to rules and regulations pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Liaise with the Vice Principal (Admin) where appropriate.
- Implementation of Standards and Norms of British and British Pearson iLower secondary and IGCSE curriculum.
- Oversees the Academic Programme of the school and reports lapses (weaknesses) to the principal.
- Coordinates the adequate writing of lesson notes weekly by all educators and ensures the appropriate use of teaching aids during lessons.
- Oversees the adequate teaching of every lesson by the educators and ensures that no lesson is missed by any educator.
- To ensure that the Notes for students are marked by the subject teachers/ Duly endorsed and countersigned by the relevant supervisor.
- Periodically appraises the educators, supervisors and HODs, the librarian, and guidance counselors and submit the reports to the principal.
- Does regular and formal classroom visits.
- Ensures that stipulated examination syllabus and curricular are available and fully implemented.
- Ensures that supervisors and Heads of Departments submit periodic reports on educators in their respective departments.
- Ensure the completion of the school diary appropriately with the following entries: Scheme of work and Topics taught during the week
- Ensures that the academic standard of the school is of the highest quality and excellence.
- Manage Internal and International Examinations and Tests.
- To be able to determine, organize and implement a diverse, flexible curriculum and implement an effective assessment framework
- Supervise educational programs designed for the school, evaluating the Diction Programme of Learners and teachers.
- Submits to the principal reports of curricular and co-curricular activities including constraints and recommendations on monthly basis and as the need arises.
- To coordinate the activities of all teaching staff in relation to the discharge of their duties effectively, yielding adequate results in the academic standard of the school.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all records pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities of the college.
- Ensure that all academic staff updates their knowledge and keep abreast of developments in their respective discipline through active participation in subject associations, seminars, workshops, and conferences where relevant.
- Ensure active participation of learners in Co-curricular activities both internally and externally, inside and outside the school.
- Ensures that all materials required for the smooth operation of curricular and co-curricular activities are made available and utilized as and when appropriate.
- A Master’s degree (M. Ed), and other relevant post-graduate degree/professional qualifications will also be an advantage.
- Minimum cognate and working experience of at least 6 years at a management level preferably and at least 4 years as a Vice-Principal from a reputable school.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian, British Pearson iLower secondary, and IGCSE curriculum.
- Have a critical understanding of the most effective teaching, learning, and behavior management strategies, including how to select and use approaches that personalize learning to provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
- Have extensive and deep knowledge and understanding of their subjects/curriculum areas and related pedagogy gained for example, through involvement in wider professional networks associated with their subjects/curriculum areas.
- Have an excellent ability to provide learners, colleagues, parents, and carers with timely, accurate, and constructive feedback on learners’ attainment, progress, and areas for development that promotes pupil progress
- Understanding of differentiation in learning of the pupils.
Skill and Competencies:
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Stress management skills
- Strong People management skills
- Excellent IT skills
Remuneration: NGN 200,000 – 300,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.